Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Visit with Mom

I do not know why I am so tired – I woke up 9:30ish am – had a shower – and went back to bed only to wake up again at 1:30pm. At first I thought it was 11:30 - could not believe my eyes when they finally focused and I seen the real time of the alarm clock sitting on the dresser. Wow.... I took Dalhouise to Nexen beach for his run and then to Mom's home where we spent the afternoon and evening. The place she is living (Shannon Falls)was having a three year opening anniversary and I had told them that I would join the supper celebration. During supper a lady was there playing a harp – it was very pleasant and the meal was tasty.. Roast pork with gravy, mashed potato and a vegetable mixture and a glass of white wine. For desert the new cook who was hired just recently made a chocolate cake – it was good – but Noni's is better. Enjoyed the conversation around the table – one of Mom's friends had invited some of her friends who live near me and we talked about hiking trails and birds. I enjoyed my self.


No comments:

Post a Comment