Monday, November 5, 2012

Inner conflicts

Yes the lake was so calm – so still. I wanted so much to strip down and jump in – but reality was also clear to me – it is freezing cold.  I sat on the sun warm rock at the waters edge soaking up rays of the November sun engrossed in the mirrored reflection of the lake with my thoughts. Sky – tree line – water all blending together joining as one, causing a restlessness within.

Thoughts raced across my mind trying to mislead me, to doubt that maybe this life style was no longer working for me. I needed to be away, and that meant distance from the known and the
comfortable, distance from habit, a breaking away from intimate friendships.  Run - run away .. don't let any one close.   But I am bound to this chosen lifestyle – to this life I now live... the road is set - there is no turning back....
Serenity, peace, floods my soul as I unwind in the moment. I come to acknowledge that I am content. I am happy. I am relaxed. Life is good. My life is good...  My soul responds “Saying Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen
Revelation 7:12

1 comment: