Monday, January 14, 2013

Chicken for supper

 Boiled chicken with lots of ginger.
I bought this chicken at T&T did not realize that both the head and toes were on it still.  First thing I did was to chop off the head and throw it away - I know a sacrilege - but not for my western heritage .  I placed sliced ginger and green onions under the skin and then submerged it in water in my medium pot and simmered it for 20 minutes with lots of sliced ginger in the water along with it. Turned off the heat - let it rest in the pot for 40 minutes
 After the 40 minutes I shocked the chicken in a very cold water bath. I had no ice so water was the only option. Chopping green onion for the garnish.
Eating - next time I am to use more ginger Noni said.
It must had been good for we ate all of this for our supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment