Friday, October 12, 2012

Lunch Date at the Spice Root

 Tom Khaa Soup,
 Tom Yum Soup,

 Drunken Noodle,
 Thai Heavenly Pineapple Fried Rice,



Some times you just have to go out and try something different. A couple of months ago this Thai restaurant opened its doors right here in Squamish   (Spice Root Kitchen + Bar 40022 Government RD
Squamish, BC  604 567 2772)    and today is as good as any to check it out.
The menu is simple to read and understandable appealing to our mood of trying different foods and having an idea what is going to be set before us.
Tom Yum Soup..  We requested - Prawns in a hot sour Thai soup seasoned with mushrooms, ginger, lemon grass, chili, kaffir lime and cilantro.   I found this a little spicy after eating bland camp food for the last six months but enjoyable.

Second soup that we shared
Tom Khaa Soup  ..  Our choice was Halibut served in a classic spicy tangy soup seasoned with coconut milk, mushrooms, ginger, lemon grass, chili, kaffir lime and cilantro.

For our main courses..
Thai Heavenly Pineapple Fried Rice - Chicken in fried curry Jasmine rice with pineapple, cashew nuts, egg, beans and vegetables
For our second menu choice we ordered  Drunken Noodles.
Fried rice noodles, seafood (prawns,calamari, mussels) with green beans, baby corn, fresh peppercorns, sweet basil and garlic.
I enjoyed all - but I must admit when I first tasted the Drunken Noodles it was not so appealing. However saying that - the flavor grows on you and I cleaned the plate and I would order this again.
I would also mention that I would return to this restaurant  The spice Root - I think the prices are reasonable but a little high for my  weekly eating out budget. I left full and satisfied.



http://www.spiceroot.ca/
Spiceroot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment