Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year Resolutions and Diets

New Year Resolutions and Diets
What happened to all my Christmas postings – they might come later with some reflecting thoughts, but for now I am getting ready for a new adventure. It is a time for renewal – new plans – new desires – new goals. All is good for about a week or so then everything falls flat and old habits – old patterns take hold once more. No .. Not this time.
I have enter a competition with two other men from my church who have been dieting for a while and were being followed by the local newspaper I think from some city competition. The one man has lost about 40 lb and still has more to go and his son. I do not know the son's start weight or his present weight but he was wanting others to join him to keep him motivated to loose. I agreed. So my blog is going to change directions for a while. We are going on a Diet
Goal – I want to loose 41.2 lb.
First goal marker is 15 lb by 25 February 013.
Life is going to change – I like to eat – I don't always exercise – I like to eat lots – I also do not like to loose and I am very competitive and so the challenge is on.
So 31 December is the first official day and weigh in of our competition- but I have began today.

Breakfast: two slices of bacon, two fried eggs, 1/2 cup of sweet potato and a cup of orange juice = 385 calories.
Lunch: one hamburger patty and 1/2 a whole wheat bun - salad = 405 calories
Supper: Canned Tomato soup 1.5 cups – tuna salad 60g = 296 calories

This day's total 1086 calories – 153 carbs – 32 fat – 54 protein

I am going to starve to death .............

No comments:

Post a Comment