Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Life awakens

Life awakens

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

This morning the rain was holding off so out the door I went again to Alice Lake Provincial Park. I left my good camera at home because the forecast says heavy rain... Well I was at the gates to the park just after they were opened - I had the park all to my self I do believe as I had the only car in the parking lot. Yes I was there to find a cache and to do some walking to get my 10,000 steps in before the rains did fall. I found my cache more or less quickly and continue to walk around the lake. I had a large choir of birds singing in the trees on one side of me and Golden Eye ducks splashing in the water on the other. I wished I had my good camera - several other song birds were close enough and sitting still long enough for a good picture - but NO I did not bring it with me. Among the bird song I heard the chirping of an angry squirrel and then later at two different times squirrels were scrounging just a few feet in front of me.
I must return there one more time to find one more cache and I hope it will be a clear - sunny day so I can bring the better camera and just maybe take some good pictures of the wildlife and plant life that is waking up as spring approaches.













No comments:

Post a Comment